PBP House

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Upgraded to the latest version of the forum software. Let a mod know if you experience any issues.

Author Topic: Google+  (Read 1128 times)

GarrettPLC

• Artisan
  • XP: 10
    • View Profile
Google+
« on: August 09, 2011, 09:24:49 AM »

So far, I'm liking G+ a lot more than Facebook. I'm on both, but G+ is easier to use and is adding/enhancing features for the better, while Facebook is increasingly hard to filter properly and riddled with ads and 'games' that are really data-mining.

G+ is, of course, also interested in seeing your data, but they have a much better ToS, a better record of correcting problems which their audience finds problematic, and easier privacy controls.

They also don't put skeezy language in their ToS about owning everything you upload.

Anyone else using it? Thoughts?

Also, if you want an invite, message me with your email address. The biggest issue with G+ is that it's in invite-only beta, so it needs more people online!

EDIT: Another great thing is the Hangouts feature, which seems to work pretty well for business meetings, and is free--unlike Skype, you can videochat for free with as many people as you want (Skype requires subscription if you want more than 2 people to share video). I've been thinking of trying it out for games.

~Nathan
Honor: Do what you Say, Say what you Mean, Mean what you Do.

Leffa

• Apprentice
  • XP: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Google+
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 09:54:56 AM »

I'm there and have used it more the last month than I've used Facebook all year. Haven't tried hangouts yet. I have a crappy internet connection where I live right now, but it's only temporary so I haven't bothered to do anything about it.

Here's my profile: https://plus.google.com/106141490343622302627

Feel free to add me to any RPG or geek circles you have :)

Hoffmanz

• Neophyte
  • XP: 0
    • View Profile
    • sbobet
Re: Google+
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 06:40:05 AM »

What I'm looking for in the forum is that you can help me and I can put this knowledge to work.