PBP House

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Upgraded to the latest version of the forum software. Let a mod know if you experience any issues.

Author Topic: Due to recent activities. . .  (Read 1720 times)

Padre

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • XP: 25
    • View Profile
Due to recent activities. . .
« on: November 13, 2008, 10:19:24 PM »

As some of you have may have seen, we here at PBP House have been seeing influx of new members with some peculiar names.  Odds are these accounts are spammers registering and attempting to post their junk.  But do not worry, all the accounts that we can confirm as being spam related as banned as soon as possible.  And to make matters worse, it is not just PbP House that is having this problem - other forums ran and frequented some of our members are seeing an influx of spammers as well. 

Thankfully, we here at PbP House have been able to keep on top of these accounts and generally take care of these shortly after they are created.   However, some of these spammers are registering their accounts after creating them and immediately logging on.  For example, just a few minutes ago I deleted a post by a "new member" who had posted multiple sexually graphic images and links.  Thankfully I was able to get to it before anyone had viewed the thread. 

However, we are not infallible.  If anyone sees any spam or content not suitable to the well being of this forum, please press the NOTIFY button immediately (the button at the top of a thread with a bell on it) - this will send an email to all Administrators to alert us of the problem so we may take care of it as quickly as possible.  If anyone (by chance) happens to receive spam or other junk via PM, immediately PM Cthughua, Colonel Blood, and myself with a PM of your own and put something in the subject line notifying us of the spam/inappropriate received. 

Thank you for your cooperation in keeping this place free of unwanted junk.
Lesson Learned: When a girl you're courting says she's looking forward to a hot night on the town, that doesn't mean arson

Tschel23

• Expert
  • XP: 8
  • Mope n' shuffle, mope n' shuffleâ„¢
    • View Profile
Re: Due to recent activities. . .
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 12:43:14 PM »

Thank you for your diligence! As a former forums mod for Wizards of the Coast, it's a heck of a job to keep up with!
"Was that a guy? I can't tell."

'They have worlds out there, people that you wouldn't believe. But they do not have chocolate.'  John Crichton A Human Reaction: Farscape