PBP House

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Upgraded to the latest version of the forum software. Let a mod know if you experience any issues.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Star Trek: Final Frontier - Episode 1 - 'A Call to Action'  (Read 834 times)

claymsu

• Neophyte
  • XP: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek: Final Frontier - Episode 1 - 'A Call to Action'
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2017, 05:58:11 PM »

Chase, looks at that communicator in the dead alien's hand and knows one thing for sure: This is going to get worse before it gets better.

Mind as well get on with it.

"Doctor, please perform an autopsy as soon as possible. I want to know what happened to him and where he came from."

"Jax, that old communicator, tell me everything you can about it. Exactly how old is it? What ship is it from? Who wore it last? For all we know, our patient was the great-great-great grand son of Fleet Admiral Harry Kim."

Brooksb6

• Journeyman
  • XP: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2017, 12:29:44 AM »

Dr. Ch'rylek nods solemnly to the captain's order, as he wipes viscous fluid from the alien off his hands onto a towel.

"Aye, captain," Lt. Jax responds quickly to Chase's multiple directions. Her hands dance rapidly across the LCARS display she is holding. She takes multiple screen captures of the lifeless alien on the handheld device in rapid succession.

Captain Alexander Chase takes the comm-badge from the alien into his hand. He stares at it a moment, then looks to the lifeless alien body on the table.

[End Scene]

Brooksb6

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2017, 12:32:58 AM »

claymsu

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2017, 04:39:48 PM »

Captain's Log- Supplemental.
The impossible has happened. On our patrol route, we encountered the remains of an alien vessel. It had been destroyed by a Starfleet sentry drone. It's lone survivor, lasted just long enough to give a crypt message and hand over an ancient artifact. It was a Starfleet comm badge, centuries old. I'm waiting on more answers from my crew. But something in the pit of my stomach tells me that those answers are going to lead to more questions. And those questions are going to be even tougher to answer. One final thought: As I look at this old comm badge, I keep wishing that I lived in the days when it was in use. Enemies were easier to spot back then; the Borg, The Dominion, the Son'a. Now I worry that Starfleet is the enemy- and we don't even realize it.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 11:05:09 PM by Brooksb6 »

Brooksb6

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2017, 07:41:29 PM »

A few hours have past since the unknown ship encountered the Starfleet sentry and its alien passenger subsequently expiring in sickbay. The Enterprise holds her position along the border of Federation space, near the sentry drone. Most of the alien wreckage is gone, having been beamed aboard the Enterprise.

In the conference room, Captain Chase has called together his senior staff to discuss the alien encounter. In the interim three hours, each member to the senior staff has lead their departments through specific investigations addressed to them by the captain. Chase sits at the head of the table, with his executive officer, Commander Holden, and the chief of security, Lt. Donal, to his left. To his right sits the lead science officer, Lt. Jax, and Dr. Ch'rylek, the chief medical officer. At the far end of the table floats the holographic projection of the Enterprise's chief engineer, Mr. 'Zero'. In front of each of them sits their personal LCARS, positioned with holographic information floating translucent before them.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 09:07:07 AM by Brooksb6 »

claymsu

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2017, 04:48:13 PM »

Chase looks for a moment at the assembled crew. He would need all their help to figure this one out.

"Jax, let's start with you. What did you find out about the alien and that comm badge?"

Brooksb6

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2017, 12:42:31 AM »

Lieutenant Jax - Science Officer

[Alien female. Tall, alluring and exotic, she carries herself with the poise and grace of age, yet her physical appearance puts her much younger.]

"Sir, according to the Computer, the alien is of a completely unknown species. We've cross referenced the alien's physiology against all other known insectoid species, and we are certain it's not Jarada, Kaferian, or Xindi. Starfleet has no known record of this species on file. This is a verified First Contact situation." Lt. Jax states softly, obviously nervous to have been all upon first.

Clearing her throat lightly, Jax regains her composure and continues, "As for the comm-badge, we were able to confirm its authenticity. Based on the tarnish on the gold inlay around the rim of the comm-badge, we were able to calculate the rate of decay of the metal, placing its manufacture at approximately 150 years ago. This was used on a Galaxy-class starship. That much we are sure of. As to which one, we could not determine. The inner circuitry has degraded to far to retrieve any possible information from it."

With a simple motion of her hand, Jax manipulates the file on her LCARS holographic display and shares her report with each member of the senior staff, the file automatically transferring to their respective devices from hers.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 10:41:05 PM by Brooksb6 »

claymsu

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2017, 03:27:15 PM »

Chase, disappointed that Jax didn't have more info for him, turns to his chief engineer's holo-image, "Mr. Zero, what can you tell me about that ship?"

Brooksb6

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2017, 02:48:19 PM »

Lieutenant Commander 'Zero' - Chief Engineer

[Mr. Zero’s true form unknown, as he resides in a high-tech containment suit.]

The holographic projection Mr. 'Zero' bobs slightly up and down. Chase has noticed over the years, that this slight movement pattern correlates to when the Primorian is filled anxious energy, either through nerves or excitement - all other times he maintains firm control over his containment suit's gravimetric stabilizer. Called upon by the captain, Mr. 'Zero' levels out, his six arms begin to move rapidly across the console in front of him and the LCARS in his hand.

"Yes, the ship... It is a true binary, both primitive and highly advanced in the same package... Fascinating," he adds as his flipper-like arms fly across the holographic image projected by his LCARS. A moment later, each senior staff member's LCARS screen begin to blow-up with dozens of files produced by the chief engineer, as they are transferred automatically to their devices. In addition, the screens lining the walls of the conference room fill up with images upon images of the wreckage of the alien ship.

"As you can see, from the wreckage, my staff was able to recreate the ship mostly. What we first posited as isolinear chips lining the hull are in fact just a relay system. The interesting part is here," he adds pointing to a screen behind him. His helmeted head swivels 180 degrees and two of his arms begin to manipulate the holographic projection behind him. "Those magnetic coils turn the whole structure of the ship into a massive data storage and retrieval system, allowing it to process the calculations needed to navigate an Omega field at low warp. This technology could have proved invaluable after the war."

Mr. 'Zero’s armored head turns ALL THE WAY AROUND to face the senior staff, his expressionless face revealing nothing."The ship contained no armaments, no shielding, no advanced sensor array. Its warp engine was completely unsophisticated, especially considering that this ship could have traveled through Omega fields at low warp."

[Mr. 'Zero's suit contains 6 "arms", as noted in first picture above, not 4 as noted in the the storyboard picture.]
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 10:41:30 PM by Brooksb6 »

Brooksb6

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2017, 10:38:53 PM »

Lieutenant Kaylen Donal - Chief of Security

[Raven black hair, emerald eyes, beautiful. Donal has a ruggedness about her that’s softened in all the right places. She has a blinking BUG (Bio Utility Graft) attachment on the base of her skull. This technology allows instant telepathic communication between Donal and her Red Shirt crew.]

"Based on the Computer's calculations, we have determined the alien vessel's point of origin as Omega Field 131. This would make sense, if their ships can in fact transverse the Omega fields at warp speed," she adds a bit incredulously.

"As 'Zero' stated, they seem to be pretty defenseless. They were no match for the sentry drone. They had to have been relying on the outdated Starfleet codes to provide the proper handshake to safely enter Federation space. As we know, that calculated risk did not work out for them."
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 10:45:41 PM by Brooksb6 »

Brooksb6

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2017, 10:59:11 PM »

Commander Barric Holden - Executive Officer

[Early thirties, African-American, Holden exemplifies strength and command. At ease in the captain’s chair, he oozes calm and cool.]

"No, it didn't, but we must remember, the sentry attacked, not us," Holden responds to Donal's statement. "They barreled across the border into Federation space unannounced. This is all standard protocol, all completely by the book."

After waiting a beat to gauge Chase's reaction, he adds, "We have determined based on the sentry logs and what we could recreate of their computer system, this species call themselves the Ordrin."

Brooksb6

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2017, 02:53:24 PM »

"And while I agree with your position on Starfleet contact protocol, Commander, my assessment still stands: the Ordrin didn't stand a chance against our tactical superiority," Donal retorts in response to Holden's defensive remarks. "And physically, they wouldn't be a match for my men."

The mood in the conference room remains icy for a brief period before Dr. Ch'rylek joins the conversation.

Dr. Ronir Ch'rylekChief Medical Officer

[Andorian, early forties, he’s experienced and driven, perpetually burdened with the demands of his station.]

"While I concur with Chief Donal that the Ordrin are no physical match for her 'Red Shirts', they certainly are a very intelligent species. Based on my autopsy, they certainly have the mental capacity to create the technology we pulled from the wreckage. The may offset their physical deficiencies with improved mental capabilities," the doctor states coolly in response to the security chief's emphasis on physical might. "Furthermore, I was able to determine that though insectoid in physiology, the Ordrin are not a hive mind species, with interconnected consciousness - unlike some people in this room," the doctor adds with a wry smile to Lt. Donal, referencing her BUG attachment located at the base of her skull.

"And I can report, the universal translator has fully integrated the Ordrin language. If we make contact again, at least we'll be able to communicate with them next time."

claymsu

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2017, 05:48:43 PM »

Chase breathes deeply. He knew the only answer. It might not be popular back at Starfleet headquarters, hell it might not be popular in this room, based on Holden's tone.

"To hell with it. Let's go help the Ordrin. They asked for our help. We have a pretty good idea of where to find them. And most importantly; we can talk to them now. And before someone says it," Chase shot a look at Holden, "I'm willing to cut them some slack in breaking protocol coming into our space, if they really do need our help. Set course for Omega Field 131. Anybody got a problem with that, now's the time to speak up."

Brooksb6

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2017, 11:04:49 PM »

With the eyes of Chase and rest of room on him, Comm. Holden speaks up. "Sir, I believe it is my duty to log a formal complaint against this action. Starfleet protocol is quite clear in the matter. We have no mandate to come to the aide of the Ordrin, if they even truly need help." Rising from his chair, Holden adds with a look from Chase to Donal, "That said, I'll begin crew preparations to depart for Omega Field 131, at once."

Somewhat surprised by the captain's orders, Lt. Donal adds to Holden's comments, "My men stand ready for anything, sir. I'll put then on full action notice."

"Well, I suggest we begin studying Starfleet First Contact protocols. No doubt you’ll find those books gathering dust on the back shelf," Dr. Ch'rylek adds with a wry look that moves from Holden to Chase.

The senior staff begins to rise from the conference room table and to exit the room. The holographic projection of Mr. 'Zero' cuts out as he returns to the task at hand in Engineering.

claymsu

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2017, 05:34:37 PM »

Chase watched the staff leave the room. After a moment, he strode out onto the bridge, sat in the Captain's chair and tapped the comm unit in the chair to go shipwide. He could immediately hear his own voice echoing throughout the ship.

"Attention all hands. This is the captain. As you know by now, the Enterprise encountered an alien craft that had been destroyed by one of our drones. When we made contact with the only survivor, a member of the Ordrin race, he asked for our help. We have tracked the origin of the ship back to Omega Field sector 131. We are going to act on good faith and provide whatever help we can. I'd be lying if I told you this were strictly following Starfleet protocols. But the fact is these people asked for our help and we can find them and we can provide it.  I'll note any decent in my log, and I won't hold it against you personally or professionally.

However, I joined Starfleet because I read about John Archer, Jim Kirk, Rachel Garrett, Jean-Luc Picard, and of course Ambassador Spock putting their lives on the line to help others. Sometimes those others were friends, but much of the time, they were strangers. And until we start believing in the goodness of others, it'll be tough to find it in ourselves. Let's live up to our legacy. Let's be The Starship Enterprise!"

As soon as he switched the comm off, Chase realized he was laying it on pretty thick. He just hoped his little little pregame speech would work.

[Use Inspirational Speech Talent.]
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 10:01:15 PM by Brooksb6 »
Pages: 1 [2] 3