PBP House

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Upgraded to the latest version of the forum software. Let a mod know if you experience any issues.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Captain's Log [OOC]  (Read 2157 times)

claymsu

• Neophyte
  • XP: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Captain's Log [OOC]
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2017, 05:49:13 PM »

Ok, I'm back baby. Sorry for the delay. Just being lazy. I'll get back to daily posting.

Brooksb6

• Journeyman
  • XP: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2017, 11:29:33 PM »

Don't worry about it. That's how play-by-post works. Sometimes it's harder to keep up on daily posts than at other times.  The idea is to push through it. Post something; posting anything is better than posting nothing cause you're trying to come up with the perfect post.

I plan to to try to keep to a schedule of posting in character within 1 day of everyone of your posts.

And I liked that Chase just threw down and said "Fuck it. Let's do this thing." Basically its the end of the scene, unless you want to add to anything else. Everyone is going to their posts.

Free Hint: Now would be a great time for a classic captain ship-wide broadcast, to rally the troops as they essentially break the law. Use Inspirational Speech Talent
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 11:09:48 AM by Brooksb6 »

Brooksb6

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2017, 10:00:23 PM »

However, I joined Starfleet because I read about John Archer, Jim Kirk, Rachel Garrett, Jean-Luc Picard, and of course Ambassador Spock putting their lives on the line to help others."

Ouch, suck on that Alan Ruck's John Harriman. So the lone feckless Enterprise captain doesn't make Chase's hero list?

Great inspirational speech in the last post. I'm granting Chase one more Action Point, due to the speech and for playing along with my hints/direction. Plus the Inspirational Speech bonus has been granted to all members of the crew for this episode.   

Brooksb6

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2017, 01:52:42 PM »

Episode Intuition Use #2:
[though you didn't ask for it, here goes another story hint (combined with my previous free hint equals hint #2), just in case you're hung up on what to do next or what you could possibly do next after the last IC post.]

After a beat, Helmsman Lt. Blake states, "Sir, course laid in for Omega Field 131."

This statement from the helmsman is an opening for you say Chase's classic catchphrase (whatever it might be) to order his crew to take the ship to warp speed. Think "Engage" or "Make it so" or "Punch it". You can always go with one of those classics or something new, like "Let's go Star Trekin'!"

claymsu

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2017, 04:38:12 PM »

Well that was daunting. Here are my alternates, mostly jokes:

Git R Done!
Do it to it, Light it up.
Let's fuck this shit up!
Time to cut the bullshit and get to the pokin.
Ok, Let's do it.
Up and attem!
Smack it up, Flip it, rub it down!
Put your thang down flip it and reverse it!

Brooksb6

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2017, 04:46:36 PM »

I think you should have went with this gif as his signature catchphrase:

'Chase leaned in and said, "."'

Not the phrase "Do it", but the actual gif.

Brooksb6

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2017, 05:02:54 PM »

And with that last post, we have concluded the opening act of the episode and completed the first part of the pilot script. 

Tonight I'll begin the second part with a scene not involving Chase. Basically I'll post it as one or two posts to the IC thread, and then reintroduce Chase to the action where you can jump back in. Obviously, Chase isn't privy to actions and conversations where he isn't present.

If there is anything you want Chase to do while the ship travels to  the Omega Field, please let me know in this thread.

claymsu

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2017, 10:28:46 PM »

Um, I don't think so. should I do another Captain's log?

Brooksb6

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2017, 01:13:25 PM »

Um, I don't think so. should I do another Captain's log?

No Captain's Log needed. Good post from you. Very captain-ly.

And now for some action!

Brooksb6

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2017, 10:27:36 AM »

Notes on the Enterprise Crew/Starfleet/Academy:

- Lt. Donal is referred to by the crew as "Chief".

- Considering the state of the galaxy and the Federation, most starship tours of duty are undertaken with the idea that they may not have the direct opportunity for resupply and crew replacements. Captains can take it upon themselves to handle their own resupplying and crew replacements as they see fit (within reason) while on long term duty. In this way, most ships rely equally on replicators, hydroponically grown food stuffs and periodic trading to feed their crew. Also, this explains why experienced/trained but non-Starfleet crew can be added to a ship due to 'field commissions' when deemed necessary by a captain. Even captains of a higher rank  can poach staff members from other ships (within reason) when they are understaffed.

- All crew members are cross trained in other fields of study (think of it as their minor at the academy). This is due to limited opportunity for crew replacement. Think Paris becoming a field medic on Voyager.

- Also ships are made with more redundant systems, including an increase in holographic backups like the EMH. Think of Emergency Helmsmen Holograms and Emergency Engineering Holograms, and the like. There are holographic emitters placed throughout most ships to facilitate this.   

-While Starfleet Academy on Earth is the educational hub of the Federation, satellite branches exist throughout the quadrant. Think of Earth academy as an Ivy League School, while these other branches can be seen as prestigious as state schools or even community college, depending on who they serve. For systems completely cut off from the rest of the Federation by Omega Fields, but that still remain in the Federation, they maintain their own "pocket" Starfleet and their own Academies to train their crews.

Let me know what you think about the above.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 09:01:47 PM by Brooksb6 »

claymsu

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2017, 04:23:10 PM »

Ok, I'm back. I wasn't sure how cautious to be about following that ship so I figured at this point, just to go for it.

Brooksb6

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2017, 04:32:12 PM »

Ok, I'm back. I wasn't sure how cautious to be about following that ship so I figured at this point, just to go for it.

In this game, always err on the side of not being cautious. I'll let you know when you're risking too much, especially during theses early periods of getting used to the game. If you want to talk out decisions in character, that's fine, but also feel free to rush on in and be a hero whenever you want. And soon (after the next section of story is finished), you'll have a little more freedom in deciding what to do, without me railroading you to certain steps in the plot.

I'll post IC tonight, to get us up and running again.  I'll also post a little information on the new Dragonfly Class shuttle, so you understand their capabilities. In Omega Fields, only the Dragonfly class ships can travel at warp speed.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 04:35:40 PM by Brooksb6 »

Brooksb6

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2017, 07:20:14 PM »

Now that we're back I would first recommend taking an hour and reading the game thread so far, to remind you of exactly what is going on. Let me know if you have any questions.

I really want to keep this going, so I promise to post within 24-48 hours of each of your in game posts to keep this moving forward. That way I'm not holding us up (like last time).

And as I mentioned in chat, we're almost finished with the 2nd part of the 5-part pilot episode. This is the shortest part by far. The last three parts of the episode are much longer than the first two parts. The series was conceived of as short web-isodes, like the Genndy Tartakovsky SW: Clone Wars cartoons.

Brooksb6

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2017, 08:08:52 PM »

Note on Omega Fields/Distortions:

"The quad-engines of the Dragonfly ships flash and pulse with energy. The ships surge forward, striking the barrier of the Omega field, leaving ripples in space as they breach.

Huge, surreal, colorful masses of energy CRACKLE around the two ships as they weave their way through the distortion. It’s a violent, chaotic ride."

"The two ships make a wicked turn in order to make their next opening. As Dragonfly Two banks, a spike of distorted subspace lashes out and strikes the ship with a CRACK. One of the engines flickers, SPARKS, and dies."

--------------------------------------------------------

Notes on Comm Badges:

I want to make an addition to the advanced personal comm-badges of the 26th C. Federation. I mentioned before that they act as communicators (as first seen in TNG), as a bio-metric monitor (think of when Capt. Robau is killed by Nero in ST), and an emergency transport unit [(one-time use) - as seen in ST: Nemesis]. I've also decide to add that the comm-badges can also project a limited use force field to block energy weapons (think the Borg after the "adapt" when fired upon multiple times).

The limit to the force field is a total of +6 to Armor Class over three possible attacks. Meaning you could add +2 to three ranges energy weapon attacks, or +6 to one attack or any other combination therein, but no more than three shots and no more than +6 added to your AC in total. I want to limit the bonus as the comm-badge still has to be portable and maintain enough power to perform its other functions. The emergency transport unit function cannot be disabled to add more force field power (i.e. AC bonuses). 
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 04:28:50 PM by Brooksb6 »

claymsu

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2017, 09:59:12 AM »

WHOA!!!! A TNG era ship!! Very excited about the next chapter. Do you need to start it off, or should I do a captain's log to recap stuff?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4