PBP House

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Upgraded to the latest version of the forum software. Let a mod know if you experience any issues.

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65

Author Topic: The Barracks (OOC chat)  (Read 28869 times)

Perius

• Artisan
  • XP: 13
    • View Profile
Re: The Barracks (OOC chat)
« Reply #930 on: April 06, 2017, 01:51:54 PM »

Hey guys, good to be back!

Bob - where's Bookie standing with xp from the big cat mission?

Bobitron

• Grand Master
  • XP: 39
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: April 07, 2017, 12:31:01 AM »

I haven't a clue! Let me review and we'll get you sorted out before things get too far.
Time flies like an arrow and fruit flies like a banana!

Padre

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • XP: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: April 16, 2017, 08:59:51 AM »

Sorry for not posting in a while.  Was getting warning messages from my browser about the site for a few days in a row a week-plus ago (no errors today) and then my appendix decided to give out on me Wednesday morning so I got to spend a few days in the hospital.

Given today is Easter will probably not being able to catch up and post today, but will aim to get something up in the next day or two.
Lesson Learned: When a girl you're courting says she's looking forward to a hot night on the town, that doesn't mean arson

Bobitron

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: April 16, 2017, 06:23:03 PM »

Whoa! Sorry, Padre. Hope you are feeling better. That can be really painful!

Colonel Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod
  • XP: 72
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: April 16, 2017, 06:52:14 PM »

You joined me in the no appendix club? Nice one man. That thing was just holding you back.

Padre

• Global Moderator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: April 17, 2017, 08:27:36 PM »

Huh? Go figure...I always thought it was my spine that was holding my back.... *gets booed relentlessly by my own family*

Geez, tough crowd.

Seriously though, thanks guys.  Will try to catch up tonight.  If not, I know I'll have time tomorrow after work.
Lesson Learned: When a girl you're courting says she's looking forward to a hot night on the town, that doesn't mean arson

Perius

• Artisan
  • XP: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: April 28, 2017, 12:55:42 PM »

Hope you're doing ok Padre!

Was held off by the mobile site crashing myself, didn't think to check using a PC and Chrome.

Padre

• Global Moderator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: April 28, 2017, 06:23:36 PM »

Much better now, thank you

Bobitron

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: May 03, 2017, 12:11:55 PM »

"Permission to go rescue our comrades, sir." Says Hood. He just wants to get on with whatever happens next. Bringing home their bodies, rescuing them from a horde of orks, joining them in their graves. He just doesn't want to be standing here in front of Gormund while the lieutenant reads his data slate like he doesn't even know the names of the men and women serving under him.

O.o

Poor Gormund!

Bobitron

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: May 03, 2017, 12:12:37 PM »

I was hoping we'd hear from Val and Mara, but I don't want to hold things up. I'll get us started in the next few days.

Bobitron

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: May 08, 2017, 09:17:42 PM »

Bob - where's Bookie standing with xp from the big cat mission?

300 XP was awarded after Chapter 4. Take another 50 for Chapter 5, everyone. Perius, take the full XP.

You guys are getting pretty powerful, though. I'm going to start slowing down advancement rather than keep having to ramp up the enemies (which honestly are already far below your competence). I want to keep this at 2nd Squad fighting pockets of insurgents or army regulars, not hordes or chaos space marines.

Colonel Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: May 09, 2017, 04:31:05 PM »

Do you think? I feel like Hood is as crap today as when we started!

Bobitron

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: May 09, 2017, 06:53:39 PM »

Between your skills, gear, and stats, you folks are WAY beyond anything you would reasonably face. That cat robot thing was pretty badass and honestly I was worried you might not get through it, but you made it (albeit with some injuries).

I really don't mind 2nd Squad being an elite force able to face down fifty VLA, but I also don't want every shot to be an auto-hit. Adding up some numbers, it's looking pretty one sided! I want a narrative game (uh obviously) where you are top dogs and I don't have to worry about you dying every time you come across a set of black pajamas, so that's fine. But I need to maintain at least that chance of failing a shot. :)

I hope you all aren't driven by XP only at this point. I'll give you progression, don't worry.

Brother Anselm

• Artisan
  • XP: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: May 10, 2017, 05:12:28 AM »

I've noticed the same thing in my games, when you add in all the bonuses and modifiers combat can get pretty one sided

Colonel Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: May 10, 2017, 07:54:15 AM »

I hope everyone knows I'm no power gamer but when I come to look at advances I really struggle to be able to afford anything decent what with the tier system and the requirements you need to purchase a talent or decent stat increase without paying 800 to 1,000xp for it (so far I have spent 3,000 total).

I'm not bothered by this - just surprised to be described as elite. I guess that comes down to the quality of what we are facing which obviously I don't know anything about.

We didn't feel very elite fighting Bolaxus either! I seem to remember a lot of shitting our pants. :)
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65