PBP House

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Upgraded to the latest version of the forum software. Let a mod know if you experience any issues.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Chapter 6: M.I.A.  (Read 1569 times)

Colonel Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod
  • XP: 72
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 6: M.I.A.
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2017, 03:47:47 PM »

"Duluth. And Frencis." Hood makes the sign of the Aquila. Completely misreading Crouch's  interest he clenches his fist and vows: "Don't worry. We'll get payback for them."
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 04:11:51 AM by Colonel Blood »

Padre

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • XP: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2017, 12:02:48 PM »

Arising from his kneeling position, Zurk scans the horizon once again, trying to find the ruins mentioned.  "Whoever it was, they are well armed - at least for Vetties. Those are high caliber rounds. Most likely from a bolter weapon of some sort. I reckon they stumbled into the ambush and this one was dead before they hit the ground.  The other one probably shot in the back as they fled for cover.  Or ran....Hard to say."

His mind wandered about the group's past, before Zurk and Sola joined 2nd.  In order to prevent Jace from overhearing, he turning his comms off for the moment, leans in and whispers to Hood, "Sarge, I may be overstepping my bounds here, but is there any chance this looks like the work of that Bollaxus creature you all tangled with?"
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 01:00:48 PM by Padre »
Lesson Learned: When a girl you're courting says she's looking forward to a hot night on the town, that doesn't mean arson

Colonel Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2017, 01:26:14 PM »

Hood's usually dark features have gone slightly pale when he turns to regard Zurk. "Not Bollaxus... no." He hunkers down behind cover, hand out to steady himself on a piece of fallen rockrete.  "By the light of the Throne... could it be?" Over the comms he says: "Hold up. I've got a sick feeling about what could have done this. I hope I'm wrong but all the signs point to Adeptus Astartes."

Perius

• Artisan
  • XP: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2017, 02:07:20 PM »

Crouch's muttered curse is lost in Zurk and Hood's chatter. Ahead of him, Bookie pauses, activates his comm-bead.

"Plenty of other rounds are high calibre. Nannies are just getting well-armed, that's all. Either way, they killed Elysians. That makes them tangos.

"In position to keep advancing, boss. On your word."

Brother Anselm

• Artisan
  • XP: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2017, 04:36:31 PM »

With more than a little irritation Sawyer brings Scoot into a kneeling position and releases his safety harness, with consummate ease born of experience he dismounts from the Pathfinder. With a wary scan of the undergrowth he advances towards the nearest corpse. kneeling next to the decomposing body nearly causes him to retch, flies erupt from it and surround both living and dead, their buzzing and close proximity doing nothing for Sawyers highly strung nerves, with leather clad gloves and Auspex he probes the wounds, bile fills his mouth as he disturbs the maggots that infect them. Sawer spits and clamps his mouth shut, resolved to get the examination over as quickly as possible so he is able to move on to the next corpse. With his expertise in ballistics tech he'll uncover the type of weapon that killed them. "Anyone seen any spent ammo casings anywhere?' Voxed Sawyer through clenched teeth.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 02:38:04 PM by Brother Anselm »

Colonel Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2017, 05:46:05 PM »

"The word is given but... be very careful." Hood rises into a half crouch and follows his soldiers into the jungle. Maybe he's starting at shadows but all the signs point to space marines: the bolter wounds, the lack of interest in stripping the bodies, their ability to ambush an elite Elysian unit... no way a Vettie partisan took down the Master Sergeant.

Padre

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • XP: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2017, 09:13:31 PM »

Zurk remained silent after the Sarge's seemingly wild proclamation.  Part of him wanted to press the matter with Hood, but the other half knew that he didn't exactly have the full story on 2nd before their arrival.  With an uneasy look on his face as Hood takes off, he gives a nod over to Jace to join them as he switches his comms back on before silently following behind the sergeant.
Lesson Learned: When a girl you're courting says she's looking forward to a hot night on the town, that doesn't mean arson
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]