PBP House

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Upgraded to the latest version of the forum software. Let a mod know if you experience any issues.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Chapter 6: M.I.A.  (Read 528 times)

Bobitron

• Grand Master
  • XP: 39
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 6: M.I.A.
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2017, 08:24:58 PM »

The flare sizzles for a moment as it hits the murk, sinking quickly. You can still see the ghostly-green glow under the water, but the silty, slow moving water is too thick for the flare to illuminate. It sinks to maybe 1.5m down and sits, barely visible.

Hecate is leaning over the edge watching closely when a ripple disturbs the turgid waters. The flare disappears in the blink of an eye. She stumbles back, her boot catching on a root, and falls down scrambling.

"You see that? Tell me you saw that!"
Time flies like an arrow and fruit flies like a banana!

Colonel Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod
  • XP: 72
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2017, 11:15:20 AM »

"I saw it." Hoods walks up to a tree he judges to be of sufficient size to span the river and be used as a bridge by a trooper and starts chopping at it with the axe. Between chops he says: "We ford the river... cover the crossing... anchor the sentinel... with a winch line... use it to help... Sawyer climb up the bank."
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 12:45:18 PM by Colonel Blood »

Brother Anselm

• Artisan
  • XP: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2017, 10:18:26 AM »

"Thats a lot of hard work Sergeant Hood" Replies Sawyer as he takes in anchor points and begins cogitating weights and stress ratios. "With enough ropes, block and tackle and a bit of prayer, it shouldn't be a problem" Data slate in hand Sawyer slips into a fugue like state as he puts his thoughts into readable reality.

Colonel Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod
  • XP: 72
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2017, 03:08:58 PM »

"Where engineering... is concerned... you're the boss... Sawyer..." Hood is already regretting smoking that Zuban cigar as he continues to hack at the tree.
Pages: 1 2 [3]